Cat wallpapers     Fish wallpapers
Home | Contacts | Advertise | Terms of Use | DMCA | RU
 
By letter: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y Holidays
 
Dog wallpapers / Answers /
Answer "What should I do if my dog was stung by a bee?"

What should I do if my dog was stung by a bee?

This "What should I do if my dog was stung by a bee?" answer was viewed by 1025 visitors.

Dogs, the same as we do, are pretty vulnerable to various allergic reactions on insects and plants. These allergies can be both congenital and acquired and show itself after some time.

Multiple stings are the most dangerous for a dog, when, for example, your dog decided to play with a wasp nest. Anaphylactic shock can kill even an absolutely healthy animal.

It is important to know: wasps and hornets do not leave their stinger in the skin when bees and bumble bees do. So, if your pet has been stung by a bee, it is recommended to remove the stinger as soon as possible.

What should you do if your dog has been stung by a wasp? Remove the stinger (if it is still in the wound) and try to press out the poison with blood, or you can even cut the skin on the spot of the wound.

In case if your dog has a reactive allergic reaction to a sting (or anaphylactic shock) like rapid breathing or absence of breathing, frothing at the mouth, vomiting, staggering gait, or it faints, you should immediately inject epinephrine and antihistamine medications. If it is impossible to make an injection, then just pour it on the tongue.

Use this rule during the warmer months: when you come out for a long walk, it is necessary to take a first aid kit . It will not take a lot of space, but it definitely can save a life.

More answers


Add photos in your blog:

or use forum:


RU: Что делать, если собаку ужалила пчела?
Related dog answers