Cat wallpapers     Fish wallpapers
Home | Contacts | Advertise | Terms of Use | DMCA | RU
 
By letter: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y Holidays
 
Dog wallpapers / Answers /
Answer "Will my dog die from eating chocolate?"

Will my dog die from eating chocolate?

This "Will my dog die from eating chocolate?" answer was viewed by 1028 visitors.

Chocolate contains a substance called theobromine, which is extremely poisonous to dogs. It can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal tract problems. Chocolate in the dog's stomach is digested longer than in a man's, so poisoning symptoms cannot be noticed immediately. Chocolate overeating leads to epileptic seizures, shock, and even death of the dog.

Please note that different types of chocolate contain different amount of theobromine. White chocolate contains the lowest amount of this substance when black chocolate contains the highest amount of theobromine. Descending list of products with theobromine concentration:

  • Cocoa beans.
  • Cocoa powder.
  • Dark chocolate.
  • Milk chocolate.
  • Cocoa drinks.
  • White chocolate.

The extent of poisoning depends on the size of the dog. If your Labrador has managed to eat Milky Way, it will not cause any significant problems. At the same time, the same amount of Milky Way can kill a small dog.

More answers


Add photos in your blog:

or use forum:


RU: Правда ли, что шоколад может убить собаку?
Related dog answers